Release date: 12/07/17
Platforms: PC and Mac
Regular Price: $10.00
He was betrayed, shot, and left for dead by his former friends. Now, Emilio Gallo’s back in town to settle the score.
Gallo was always on his own until he met Nick Scavro. His mother abandoned him, his father beat him, but Nick took Gallo under his wing and taught him to be a made man. But all that changed when Scavro decided he was better off without him.
Now seeking revenge on Scavro and the mafia captains who betrayed him, Gallo will rob and kill his targets all over Ferrousburgh, including the docks, strip malls, an abandoned blast furnace, and nightclubs.
Man of Honor is a top down shooter that appeals to players who relish challenging gameplay and narrative drama that evolves from the character’s personality and mindset. Gallo’s only as strong as he feels. He gets his power from taunting other gangsters, drinking Rusty Bay Beer, and shooting his foes.
He thinks his life is a blockbuster movie and he sees his dreams reflected in fantastic headlines that exist only in his mind. But what’s real? Is he a hero or a monster? Only one thing’s for sure: he’s part of our celebrity-obsessed culture in which each person longs for his 15 minutes of fame.
- Prowl the nighttime streets of Ferrousburgh, a decaying, mob-infested, rust-belt city, to seek out old enemies for revenge. Steal drugs, cash, and other valuables from the mafia and kill the crime lords who betrayed you.
- You’re only as strong as you feel. Keep your pride up by killing gangsters quickly and efficiently to drive up your score multiplier and make your bullets bigger and more powerful.
- Craft your ultimate revenge. Acquire diverse weapons and new suits to feed your narcissistic personality and change the way you play the game.
- Take your cover with you. Grab a corpse to shield yourself from a hail of enemy gunfire. The stronger your foe was in life, the better he can protect you in death.
- Taunt your enemies to slow down time around you. The more gangsters on screen the longer the taunt’s effects will last.
- Watch out for the law. Once the first gunshot is fired on a level, the corrupt cops of Ferrousburgh will be alerted and they’ll arrive on the scene to help their gangster buddies once the police response timer hits zero.
Man of Honor began as a college computer science project called The Wise Guy made by Joseph Blair, the game’s creative director at Simbryo. Since then, our team has expanded the core mechanics of the game based on the main character Gallo’s personality. We structured the game mechanics to reward the player for playing as Gallo would, like how killing gangsters quickly increases the size and damage of your bullets, to turn what was initially mechanically basic into a gameplay that reflects the personality of the main character. It’s been a long road coming but we’ve finally created a game we’re proud of and we hope all of you enjoy playing it.
Man of Honor Credits:
Writer, Designer and Programmer: Joseph Blair
Tools Programmer: Nick Klingensmith
Monologue Artwork: Daniele Caviglia
Original Music: Justin Weems
Executive Producer: Farhad Javidi